1. ELIGIBILITY This Tournament is open to all members representing the Club/Society. Each Club/Society shall send 1 team and be responsible to form your team base on the club’s members’ criteria and eligibility. If any discrepancies found, the team will be disqualified.
2. ENTRIES AND ENTRY FEES All entries must be submitted on prescribed forms available. Entry forms not completely and/or eligible filled in may be disqualified. It is compulsory for all bowlers to submit their registration forms. The entry fees for each team will be $120.
3. REFUND No refund of entry fee will be made after an entry has been paid and the entry has been registered and accepted. Any participant who fails to show up and /or is late for checking in for the scheduled time will be disqualified and the entry fee forfeited.
4. Date: 27 Aug 2017, Check-in time: 3.00pm, Roll- off time: 4.00pm 5. PLAYING FORMAT Each team shall consist of 4 bowlers, of which at least 1 must make up from a Sports Car Club (Singapore) member. Each bowler is required to bowl a series of 3 games.
6. Handicap per game for ladies will be 10 pins. All men are bowling on scratch
7. TARDY PLAYER A player who arrives after his team has started bowling shall be permitted to begin bowling from the 1st frame, provided that the last bowler of the opposing team has not completed the 3rd frame. If a player missed the 1st game, he/she will then be allowed to join in to play the 2nd and 3rd game. In this case, a blind score of 60 pins for ladies and 80 for men (all without handicaps) will be given for his/her 1st game. The blind score rules shall apply also for any absentee in a team, that is, blind scores throughout the 3 games.
8. DRESS CODE Bowlers are required to be properly and appropriately dressed for their events. If in the opinion of the appointed officials on duty that a bowler is not properly and appropriately dressed, he may not be permitted to bowl. No shorts (Men only) and sleeveless T-shirts are allowed.
9. VERIFICATION OF SCORES It is the responsibility of each bowler to verify the correctness of each game bowled by signing on the official score sheet which will be used as the official score record. Once signed, the scores shall stand, unless otherwise decided by the Tournament Officials.
10. TIE BREAKER RULES In the event of a tie, the bowler will determine the tiebreaker with the least difference between the highest and lowest game bowled in the series. Should the difference be tied, the highest and the second lowest game will be utilized until a tie is broken.
11. DISQUALIFICATION Any form of cheating or manipulation of scores will render immediate disqualification and be banned from further participation in the Tournament.
12. INTERRUPTED GAMES The Tournament Officials may authorize the completion of a game or series on another pair of lanes when equipment failure on the starting lanes would delay the normal progress of the series. An interrupted game or series, which cannot be completed, must resume from the point of interruption.
13. BOWLING ON WRONG LANE When a bowler bowls on the wrong lane(s) and the error is discovered before another bowler has bowled, a dead ball shall be declared and the bowler(s) will be required to re-bowl on the correct lane(s). If the error is not discovered until the opposing bowler has bowled, the scores shall count and the bowler shall require bowling his subsequent frame(s) on the wrong lane.
14. PROTESTS The Tournament Official immediately upon discovery of such errors will correct errors in scoring or errors in calculating of scores. Protests involving errors in scoring will only be entertained if such protests are brought to the attention of the Tournament Officials on the spot. Fouls - Protests involving fouls must be brought to the attention of Lane Marshall before the delivery of the next ball. No protest will be entertained after the bowler has made his second delivery of the frame. No protests will be entertained after the presentation of prizes.
15. LOSS OF SCORES DURING BLACK-OUTS In the event that the TV Monitor blacks out in the progress of a game and scores for that game could not be traced, bowler(s) have to re-bowl that particular game all over. However, previous game where the scores have duly recorded shall stand unchanged.
16. INTERPRETATION CLAUSE The Tournament Official reserves the right to accept or reject any entry (is) as he deems fit. The Tournament Committee whose decision shall be final will decide any matter arising, which is not covered in these Tournament Rules & Regulations.